Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Two-Penny Princess


This is Tuppence, a 2 year old Miniature Pinscher.

One word sprang to my mind when I saw her - adorable!

Tuppence is so pretty and delicate that one feels a bit clumsy and lumbering when stroking her. She's a playful and happy little dog, with a stunning copper coloured coat and a cute brown nose. Miniature Pinschers are mostly black and tan, so Tuppence is a rare and special little madam.

Her owner tells me that Tuppence is the baby of the family and loves cuddles. I am sure she is getting plenty of those - I was very tempted to cuddle her myself!

She made me think about Chloe - the English Toy Terrier who lives in the neighbourhood.

Miniature Pinschers are a German breed, originally bred to catch rats and mice. That means that, despite being classified as Toy breed, they are actually more like terriers in their character - alert, inquisitive and high spirited.

More about Miniature Pinscher: Miniature Pinscher Club of Great Britain