Friday, June 15, 2007

Pugalicious!


Let me introduce you to a little pug called Sidney, officially the cutest puppy in London. I met Sidney on my way to work one morning and, as I saw him trotting along the pavement, looking absolutely tiny, I immediately approached his owner for a chat. He is only 14 weeks old but his plucky personality already shines through. His adorable little face bears a constant expression of inquisitiveness. Being still a toddler in dog terms, Sidney has a lot to learn and he takes to his task with a admirable gusto. He first sniffed at my feet, then jumped up, then, when I kneeled down he took to gently trying his baby teeth on my hands. He is such a little bundle of joy, that I could not help but pick him up and give him a cuddle and kiss.


It seems that he was born with the outgoing personality of an intrepid explorer. His owner tells me that, when it came to choosing a pup, she wanted a pug bitch, but once she arrived to see the pups, Sidney climbed out of the dog bed and bounded over towards her. No wonder that, once the owner saw Sidney's loveable face, she fell for him head over heels and he was pronounced 'the one'.

Apparently, Sidney is always on the go, exploring the world for a whole day, so, by earlyLink evening, he suddenly drops off to sleep on the sofa.

Sidney is such a little charmer that I found it difficult to leave him and go to work. As I live in the neighbourhood, I am hoping to see much more of Sidney, and see him grow from a cute pup into a fabulous dog!


To find out more about Pugs meet Darcy and Oscar - a pair of Islington pugs.

To see a new hybrid breed of a beagle and a pug see Barney the Puggle.